Dental Teeth Bonding – Richardson, TX
Easy Fix Your Smile’s Small Flaws
Dental teeth bonding can help with chips, gaps, and discoloration that can diminish the appearance of your smile. In addition, teeth that are cracked, chipped, or fractured can compromise your oral health, making you more susceptible to further damage. At Emmanuel Dental & FastBraces in Richardson, TX, Dr. Pramod Thomas performs dental bonding to help enhance your smile. With over 20 years of experience, he is equipped to provide natural-looking, long-lasting results that deliver the stunning smile you desire. The procedure is quick, easy, and painless and can be completed in just one office visit.
What Are the Advantages of Dental Cosmetic Bonding | Teeth Bonding?
For qualifying patients, this procedure offers a number of benefits over alternative treatment options.
For example, this treatment is:
- Minimally invasive – Dental crowns and veneers require the removal of natural tooth enamel. In contrast, dental bonding involves gently etching the tooth surface in preparation for the composite resin material. As a result, this process is completely reversible.
- Cost-effective – Compared to veneers and crowns, bonding is much more affordable. It is an effective option for altering the size and shape of the teeth as well as concealing cracks, chips, and stains. At our practice, we are proud to offer CareCredit® and LendingClub® financing options to help patients afford the treatment they need.
- Simple and Fast – Bonding can usually be completed in under one hour and in a single appointment, unlike crowns and veneers that require at least two office visits.
Who Is Eligible for Dental Teeth Bonding?
Almost anyone who is concerned about the appearance of their smile can qualify.
However, candidates should not have gum disease or extensive tooth decay.
If these problems are present, Dr. Thomas will likely recommend restorative dental work before moving forward with this or any other cosmetic dentistry procedure.
Some of the Aesthetic Issues That Can Be Corrected:
- Cracks, chips, or craze lines
- Tooth discoloration
- Gaps or spaces between the teeth
- Tooth erosion
- Small or crooked teeth
- Slight orthodontic misalignment
Composite resin, the material used in this case, can also be used to repair small cavities.
In fact, most of our patients choose this option over traditional silver fillings since the resin can be precisely color-matched to the rest of the smile.
Let’s Talk About the Dental Bonding Procedure
Before beginning the procedure, Dr. Thomas will perform a full oral assessment to ensure that the procedure is the best option for you.
If you are a candidate, he will choose a shade of composite resin that closely matches your natural enamel.
To begin the treatment, he will prepare the affected tooth by applying a dental etch material.
This slightly acidic solution will roughen the tooth surface allowing the composite resin to adhere more easily.
Next, the composite resin is applied. Dr. Thomas will mold and shape the material to achieve the desired size, shape, and appearance.
A special curing light is then used to harden the resin.
Finally, Dr. Thomas checks your bite, polishes the tooth, and makes any necessary adjustments.
Once this process is complete, you can leave our office with a brand-new smile.
With proper care and maintenance, the results can last up to 10 years.
Cosmetic Bonding FAQs
How long does dental teeth bonding take?
It generally takes between 45 and 60 minutes. There are different techniques and materials you can use in order to achieve the desired results.
What kind of procedure does it entail?
It’s a simple procedure. You will be numbed and possibly sedated. Once the teeth are cleaned, the dental technician will bond the teeth using resin. The teeth will then be polished.
Is this procedure painful?
No, not at all.
Will I be awake during the entire procedure?
Yes, but your mouth will be numb, and you shouldn’t feel any pain.