Enhance Your Smile with Dental Bonding
Chips, gaps, and discoloration can diminish the appearance of your smile. In addition, teeth that are cracked, chipped, or fractured can compromise your oral health, making you more susceptible to further damage. At Emmanuel Dental & Fastbraces in Richardson, TX, Dr. Pramod Thomas performs dental bonding to help enhance your smile. With over 20 years of experience, he is equipped to provide natural-looking, long-lasting results that deliver the stunning smile you desire. The dental bonding procedure is quick, easy, and painless and can be completed in just one office visit.
Advantages of Dental Bonding
For qualifying patients, dental bonding offers a number of benefits over alternative treatment options. For example, this procedure is:
- Minimally invasive: Dental crowns and porcelain veneers require the removal of natural tooth enamel. In contrast, dental bonding involves gently etching the tooth surface in preparation for the composite resin material. As a result, this process is completely reversible.
- Cost-effective: Compared to veneers and crowns, dental bonding is much more affordable. It is an effective option for altering the size and shape of the teeth as well as concealing cracks, chips, and stains. At our practice, we are proud to offer CareCredit® and LendingClub® financing options to help patients afford the treatment they need.
- Simple and Fast: Bonding can usually be completed in under one hour and in a single appointment, unlike crowns and veneers that require at least two office visits.
Who is Eligible for Dental Bonding?
Almost anyone who is concerned about the appearance of their smile can qualify for dental bonding. However, candidates should not have gum disease or extensive tooth decay. If these problems are present, Dr. Thomas will likely recommend restorative dental work before moving forward with dental bonding or any other cosmetic dentistry procedure.
Dental bonding can be used to correct a variety of aesthetic issues. Some of these include:
- Cracks, chips, or craze lines
- Tooth discoloration
- Gaps or spaces between the teeth
- Tooth erosion
- Small or misshaped teeth
- Slight orthodontic misalignment
Composite resin, the material used in dental bonding, can also be used to repair small cavities. In fact, most of our patients choose this option over traditional silver fillings since the resin can be precisely color-matched to the rest of the smile.
Dental Bonding: About the Procedure
Before beginning dental bonding, Dr. Thomas will perform a full oral assessment to ensure that the procedure is the best option for you. If you are a candidate, he will choose a shade of composite resin that closely matches your natural enamel. To begin the treatment, he will prepare the affected tooth by applying a dental etch material. This slightly acidic solution will roughen the tooth surface allowing the composite resin to adhere more easily.
Almost anyone who is concerned about the appearance of their smile can qualify for dental bonding.
Next, the composite resin is applied. Dr. Thomas will mold and shape the material to achieve the desired size, shape, and appearance. A special curing light is then used to harden the resin. Finally, Dr. Thomas checks your bite, polishes the tooth, and makes any necessary adjustments. Once this process is complete, you can leave our office with a brand new smile. With proper care and maintenance, dental bonding can last up to 10 years.
Schedule an Appointment Today
Are you self-conscious about the appearance of your smile? Dental bonding can correct a wide range of imperfections, such as cracks, chips, and discoloration, and help you achieve the smile you desire. To schedule a visit with Dr. Pramod Thomas, call Emmanuel Dental & Fastbraces at (972) 238-7233 or contact us online anytime.